Department of Literature
The department intends to attain:
- An effective curriculum transaction on cognitive and constructionist paradigm of English, Malayalam and Hindi as prescribed by the Mahatma Gandhi University, to which the college has been affiliated.
- An active implementation of the Open Courses (English for Careers, Madhyamapadanam and Film Studies) to other streams as approved by the university.
- A rigorous implementation of student assessment as suggested by the University.
- Creativity and critical thinking in learning literature by the target group of students.
- Development of communication and presentation skills of the target group to attain better prospects
- Organizing and co-coordinating of cultural activities for the empowerment of competence and leadership of the target group.
- Publication of innovative concepts as a part of research and enquiry in teaching and learning of literature.