Department of Computer Science
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Computer Science and Applications can be considered as a global career in terms of its wide scope for professionals. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a program intended to train graduates with Mathematics as one of the subjects in development and the use of software for different applications. The major objective of the department is to produce competent personalities who can satisfy the needs of the industry as well as creating a learning culture and social commitment. Designed to instill confidence and to inspire creativity, Computer Science Association of SNGIST ASC serves as a testimonial of unity among faculties and students. Workshops, seminars and innovative programs are organized and conducted by the association, thereby elaborating the skill set of students and building the best team.
- Head of the Department: Mr. Praveenkumar K S
- Faculty & HoD Room Location: Ground Floor, Main Building
- Year of Establishment: 2013
To become an eminent department of Computer Science producing competent professionals with problem solving and innovation skills, inculcating moral values and societal concerns.
- Provide learning ambience to generate innovative and problem solving skills with professionalism.
- Create facilities to adapt to new computing technology for professional excellence and be a lifelong learner.
- Enhance Industry interactions through projects to get acquainted with corporate culture.
- Induce ethical values and spirit of social commitment.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within 3 years of graduation, Computer Science program will demonstrate or be prepared to achieve the following:
- PEO 1: Graduates will be an efficient software developer in diverse fields and will be a successful professional and/or pursue higher studies
- PEO 2: Graduates will work productively exhibiting ethical qualities for the betterment of society.
- PEO 3: Graduates will possess leadership qualities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Graduates of Computer Science students are expected to:
- PSO – 1: Achieve an ability to build a computer based system that meets the desired needs.
- PSO – 2: Achieve/Adapt a learning culture and becoming a professional that will either meets industry standards or research capabilities.